My goal is to help individuals improve their dental health, and in doing so, help them get excited about their ability to raise all levels of their health. Whether it is creating a beautiful smile, restoring function so they can enjoy eating a great dinner, or dealing with a crisis involving a painful tooth, the positive experiences our patients have in our office has led to significant changes in their attitude about themselves and the trust we have been able to establish with them.
It’s rewarding to be a part of helping an individual obtain a level of health he or she never thought possible. My passion is centered around helping individuals make positive choices in their life that raises all aspects of their health, and gives them the freedom to run a 10K race, get on their bike and ride the Rockies, hike with their kids, or lose weight. These can be done in baby steps or show up as an avalanche of healthy choices all at once. I love it when I can be part of the process.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts in psychology – University of Oklahoma
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Emory University School of Dentistry
Dentistry’s knowledge base, like so many other areas in the world today, is changing rapidly. Continuing education plays an important role in delivering excellence. My team and I are committed to making it a vital part of our office.
I have taken extensive continuing education in the field of cosmetic dentistry, including numerous hands-on courses given by the top clinicians in the world. Having a beautiful, functional smile can totally transform a patient’s self-esteem and outlook on life.
My training in oral sedation has allowed me to change the lives of patients who have postponed needed dental care due to high anxiety, fear, and traumatic past dental experiences. Using oral sedation on these individuals allows them to be relaxed and comfortable during their appointment.
- American Dental Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- Western State Dental Association
- Dental Lifetime Network
- Colorado Mission of Mercy
Outside the Office
Originally from Oklahoma, I came to Carbondale in 1981 in response to the call of the Rocky Mountains and the outdoor opportunities that they offer. I was fortunate to be able to relocate my dental practice to this area in 1989. My wife Kris and I have five children and five grandchildren. Our dog Jazzy is an important member of our family as well as our dental team. The kids love her as much as we do!
I am blessed to live a life that is filled with adventures. Kris and I love to travel. My kids and I have spent many a night under the stars backpacking through the Rockies. I relish early morning runs in solitude. I’ve been fortunate to be able to finish eight full Ironman triathlons and 15 half IMs. Spending time with my wife, children, and grandchildren brings a big smile to my face.
I have been a proud member of Rotary International since 1990. Rotary gives me numerous opportunities to interact and volunteer with nonprofits and other volunteer organizations in our community. I participate with several great organizations that provide complimentary dental services to our community. We enjoy helping those that show such appreciation for the special care they receive.
Today’s Family Dental Philosophy
Who We Are
- A compassionate team who enjoy living in our small community and have chosen to pursue clinical excellence in our dental practice. We love our work and our play, and we are intensely committed to both.
What We Do
- Take time to listen to our patients’ concerns, fears, desires, and dreams.
- Help our patients reach the highest level of health that is personally appropriate for themselves.
- Help to remove obstacles that get in the way of our patients’ choice for a healthier lifestyle.
- Have fun with our team and those we serve.
- Respect our patients’ personal time by seeing them on time.
Who We Serve
- Those who seek a dental home.
- Those who value our services.
- Those who would like to raise their level of health.